Adult Language Courses
Adult language courses are the perfect way to discover a new language, refine language skills, or simply better follow your children’s studies.
- Pronunciation (French and English)
- Grammar, vocabulary and conjugation (French)
- Comprehension: French humor, idiomatic expressions, arts and culture (French)
Our courses include all levels of French, from absolute beginners to very advanced, and English (advanced writing and oral). Unsure of your language level? Use our French Placement Tests Information to self-assess your skills.
Why Study Language at ISB?
You too can benefit from ISB's expertise in teaching languages:
- Certified teachers with more than 10 years of experience
- Small class sizes (4 to 10 students), custom-made to fit your needs
- Multifaceted approach benefits your own learning style
- Relaxed and fun environment at ISB
- Access to ISB resources, events and its international environment.
Winter Session at ISB
This winter, we will continue to offer an extensive selection of French and English classes. Open to all, these classes are scheduled at convenient times and are a great way to practice in real communication situations:
- "Core" classes will be dedicated to improving your linguistic skills in a regular setting.
- "Specialized classes," in the form of 8-hour semi-intensive English or French workshops, will aim at improving specific competencies, including fine comprehension, grammar and/or advanced writing.
- We will also offer a multicultural, bilingual class unique to ISB.
- Business French training classes will help you prepare the French for Business Certification.
- New this session: a "French through Theater" course and an "American Author's" book club.
Click below to view all classes.
- French Classes
- English Classes
- Bilingual Classes
- New: Business French Diploma Classes - Information and Registration
- Private French & English Tutoring Classes, and Test Preps (TOEFL and TEF)
- French and English Hotline
- Registration and Payment
" Autour d'un Coffee: " Discussions Interculturelles Franco-Américaines
This open-to-all bilingual conversation allows participants to discuss current topics, political events, cultural differences or even contemporary parenting trends.
During this course, aimed at understanding cultural differences, you will discover together the principle differences between everyday interactions between France and the U.S. – through history, current events, and guided class discussions in both French and English, and with the help of relevant readings and visual materials.
Two teachers, one American and one French, facilitate this relaxed sharing of experience, which combines both language instruction and socialization.
ISB also offers courses to prepare individuals and corporate groups to pass the test for this official certificate. Courses for individuals take place at ISB, while corporate groups can arrange to have classes at their offices. These courses are particularly suitable for French companies working in the US, as well as for companies whose local employees need to know French language and culture for their business. Contact us for more details.
Exam Date: June 15th, 2019.
Click here for more information about the diplomas:
Questions? Contact Pascal Lepesqueux, Adult Language Coordinator.
We are now offering private classes. For one or two people, come benefit from our teachers' expertise. We can prepare you for the TOEFL or TEF exams, or for your next trip to Europe!
We will be happy to create a class customized for your needs, at the most convenient time for you. Private classes combined with group classes and "in field" practice are the fastest and best way to progress!
Contact us for more details.
Would you seek immediate support on tricky linguistic points, understanding a form or correspondence, outsmarting your children, or answering any cultural question you may have, our expert teachers are here to help! Service available in English and French.
Fill this Hotline question form, proceed to Payment, and one of our expert teachers will contact you by videoconference, for a 15-minute personalized session, enough to solve most of your problems. Allow us between a few hours and a couple of days, at the most, to prepare our conference call, and we will be happy to help you with your linguistic needs.
Let us help you find the right class for you. To find out more, contact our Program Coordinator Pascal Lepesqueux.