Tuition & Fees
An investment in a culturally diverse, bilingual private education is an investment in your child’s future. As an ISB student, your child will have access to individuals, ideas and experiences that are not typical of a traditional school environment .
If you believe ISB is the right fit for your child, the annual tuition and fees are as follows:
2023-2024 Annual Tuition
|Half-Day for Preschool (Toute Petite Section and Pre-K Only) - Mornings Only
TPS: Diapers to be provided by parents.
Pre-K: All supplies included.
Preschool (Toute Petite Section, Pre-K, & Mid-K) and Kindergarten
|Lower School (Grades 1 to 5)
All supplies included.
|Middle School (Grades 6 to 8)
Textbooks/Media billed separately.
|Upper School (Grades 9 to 12)
Textbooks/Media and Examination Fees billed separately.
When a parent’s employer or company linked to a student’s family pays ISB directly for a student’s tuition, a more flexible contract with different tuition rates than those listed above will apply.
- Matriculation Fee per new student: $2,000 ($1,500 for the second child and $1,000 for any additional children).
- Annual Re-Enrollment Deposit per student: $2,000.
- Estimated Fees for textbooks/media (Grades 6-12): Grades 6-10 & Grades 11-12 French Program only: $300-700 per year / Grades 11-12 International Baccalaureate: up to $1,000 covering two years.
- Estimated Examination Fees (Grades 11 and 12): Grade 11 French Program: $250 registration fee / Grade 12 French Program: $300 registration fee and $220 for the Baccalauréat français international (BFI) / Grade 12 International Baccalaureate: $861 ($119 per subject, $91 for the extended essay, $46 for the theory of knowledge and $10 for the creativity, activity and service).
- Hot Lunch Program: provided by an external catering company, and billed upon participation.
- Extended Day (Garderie – Preschool to Grade 5): $13.00/hr.
- Study Hall (Middle School) - Annual flat fee: $700; $15.00/hr as needed for short-term transition/family schedule needs.
- Extracurricular activities and overnight trips: billed upon participation. Cost varies.
- Private ISB Bus Service: billed upon participation.
- Homestay Program Housing Fee: $22,000 for Upper School international and domestic students staying with host families.
Click here to view the 2023-2024 Tuition & Fees schedule.
Payment Plans for Tuition
- Option 1: Payment of full tuition by June 5th.
- Option 2: Payment of tuition in two installments (60% by June 5th, and 40% by November 5th).
- Option 3: Payment of tuition in 10 installments from June 5th to March 5th of the following year. Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) will charge an annual flat fee of $55 per child.
We understand that you may have concerns about the cost of an independent school education. Please contact us for additional information, or to learn more about our need-based Financial Aid Program.
We are truly teaching the world at the International School of Boston. We welcome you to join us.
APPLY nowvisit & virtual information session