Should we be required by the authorities to close our buildings because of a new public health emergency, or if large cohorts of our students are required to quarantine for a period of time, or due to another situation of a magnitude that we cannot contain, we will move to full remote learning. Here, ISB will provide all instruction, programming, and support services remotely.
In COVID-positive cases and close contact quarantine during the school year, asynchronous information will be provided to the student on the relevant portal (Google Classroom or SeeSaw).
In case of a “snow day” or emergency closure of the school campus, the following guidelines apply:
- In weather emergencies such as a "snow day," the school may close its campus or delay opening. In the case of the first two snow days of the school year, classes will typically be canceled;
- In the event of a third snow day during the school year, the whole school will transition to remote instruction and remote work;
- As a result, ISB will no longer maintain a "snow day reserve" in the school calendar.
School starts on September 1, 2022, and all students will be on campus five days a week. The School does not expect the academic calendar to vary from what has been published on the website. However, the School reserves the right to alter its calendar based on current conditions.
School operating hours will remain unchanged compared to the past school year.
- Grades 1 through 12 start at 8:00 AM
- Maternelle starts at 8:15 AM.
- Dismissal for Maternelle through Grade 5 will be from 3:00 to 3:15 PM,
- Dismissal for Middle and Upper School will be at 3:25 PM.
- Study Hall will close at 5:30 PM and Garderie will close at 6:00 PM.
The health and wellness of our students are our priority. As in previous years, a complete wellness curriculum that spans both physical and social-emotional wellbeing will be delivered by faculty and trusted outside providers.
Students will continue to be able to access school counseling and student support services. Our well-being team and school counselor will be available to students in an individualized, safe way.
Page updated Friday, August 19th