- Is home learning an option this year?
- Will there be the possibility of remote learning under special circumstances?
- What will the academic schedules look like this fall?
- What are the hours of an on-campus day?
- How will music, art, and theater classes be conducted?
- What are the plans for PE classes and Athletics?
- What health and wellness programs will be available to the students?
- Should we be required by the authorities to close our buildings because of a new public health emergency, or if large cohorts of our students are required to quarantine for a period of time, or due to another situation of a magnitude that we cannot contain, we will move to full remote learning. Here, ISB will provide all instruction, programming, and support services remotely.
- As in the past, there will be no school during declared “snow days”. If the number of snow days in 2021-22 exceeds the projected, the School might decide to hold school virtually to avoid adding make-up days at the end of the year.
- In case of a positive case or close contact quarantine during the school year, asynchronous information will be provided to the student on the relevant portal (Google Classroom or SeeSaw). Teachers will have office hours in order to check on progress and answer questions from the student. A live daily check-in will be implemented.
- School starts on September 1, 2021 as scheduled and all students will be on campus 5 days a week. The School does not expect the academic calendar to vary from what has been published on the website. However, the School reserves the right to alter its calendar based on current conditions.
School operating hours will remain unchanged compared to the past school year.
- Grades 1 through 12 start at 8:00 AM
- Maternelle starts at 8:15 AM.
- Dismissal for Maternelle through Grade 5 will be from 3:00 to 3:15 PM,
- Dismissal for Middle and Upper School will be at 3:25 PM.
- Study Hall will close at 5:30 PM and Garderie will close at 6:00 PM.
The arts are an integral part of the learning experience of every student at every grade level. Safety considerations specifically for these activities, given increased respiration and sharing of equipment involved, are:
- Singing will be done only outdoors with spacing between individuals, and facing the same direction in straight rows.
- Recorders will be allowed outdoors.
- Theater will take place with mask on and 3’ of physical distance.
- PE and athletics will be limited to activities that do not involve sustained physical contact with other students. All health and safety policies will apply in PE and Athletics. Locker rooms will remain closed to enable physical distancing.
- The School will require all coaches to be fully vaccinated. If necessary, the School will consider a special routine testing program for athletes to be completed through DESE.
- The health and wellness of our students is our priority. As in previous years, a complete wellness curriculum that spans both physical and social-emotional wellbeing will be delivered by faculty and trusted outside providers.
- Students will continue to be able to access school counseling and student support services. Our wellbeing team and school counselor will be available to students in an individualized and safe way.