The cost of an independent school education can seem overwhelming, which is why our Admissions Office is here to help you structure a plan that works for your family.
Financial aid is available for qualifying families through the ISB Financial Aid Program. This program is entirely funded by ISB, and it offers limited financial assistance to families according to their need.
Please note that students holding French citizenship, residing with their parents, and registered at the Consulate General of France in Boston are asked to simultaneously apply for the "Bourses Scolaires Françaises" and the ISB Financial Aid Program. The ISB Financial Aid Program may supplement the amount granted by the French government. The ISB Financial Aid application will only be reviewed once you receive the decision from the French government.
- Applying for ISB Financial Aid through TADS
- Applying for the "Bourses Scolaires Françaises" through the Consulate General of France in Boston
ISB partners with Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) to conduct financial need assessments for families that may need assistance in paying tuition. The application process is fair and confidential. Families should apply online. TADS charges a processing fee of $39.
TADS performs a calculation and produces a report which estimates how much the family can afford to spend on education for the year. The difference between what the report says a family can afford and the cost of attending the school is called “Need”.
Application Deadline for the 2020-21 School Year
Saturday, February 15, 2020. The application process will start in January 2020.
Required Supporting Documents
How to Apply
- Families should disclose all their financial information including foreign incomes and assets (in the US and abroad).
- For divorced or separated parents, both parents will be required to fill out separate applications. For families for which parents are remarried, the income of all members of the households will be taken into account.
- Instructions about how to complete a Financial Aid Application in TADS
- TADS - General brochure about Financial Aid
Each family who wishes to apply for aid should complete a TADS Financial Aid Application:
This worksheet is to help you prepare to fill out the TADS Financial Aid Application and WILL NOT be accepted by TADS as an application.
Notice of Financial Aid
All final decisions regarding financial aid are made by the International School of Boston and sent to families via email the week of March 10th. TADS does not have this information. If you have not received notification about financial aid after March 18th, please contact Victor Ng, Finance and Administration Manager, at 617-583-9212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Les élèves de nationalité française inscrits au Consulat Général de France à Boston et résidant avec l'un de leurs parents dans la région de Boston, peuvent effectuer une demande de bourses scolaires auprès du gouvernement français.
Date limite de dépôt de dossier pour l'année scolaire 2020-2021:
- Mars 2020 pour les familles qui résident dans la région de Boston.
- Octobre 2020 pour les familles qui déménagent dans la région de Boston après mars 2020.
Please contact us to learn more about our Financial Aid Program.