Are you ready to open up a world of possibilities?
At the International School of Boston (ISB), students, beginning in Preschool through Grade 12, are challenged to see things differently, think broadly and openly, and become successful global citizens. They are introduced to the world through a rigorous bilingual program within the context of a truly international classroom -- teachers and students from all around the globe.
As one of the oldest bilingual French-American schools in the United States, ISB prepares students for one of two esteemed international diplomas, the French or the International Baccalaureate, allowing students to apply to any college or university in the world.
- Applying to Preschool & Kindergarten
- Applying to Lower School & Middle School
- Applying to Upper School
- Your child does not need to know French to enroll in Maternelle.
- Some students enter Maternelle with neither French nor English, but another language.
- Students applying to Pre-Kindergarten must be 3 years old by December 31st of their entry year. Students are accepted at 2.8 years old but must be fully toilet-trained before entering school.
- In grades 1-8, it is still possible to enroll knowing only English.
- The majority of new students already speak French in grades 2-8; some do not speak English.
- We review each case individually.
- For those who need it, we provide expert instruction in both English as a Second Language (ESL) and French as a Second Language (FSL).
- We have two tracks, one taught primarily in French, leading to the French Baccalaureate; and one taught primarily in English, leading to the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB). French is not required to follow the IB Diploma track.
- Students from abroad whose main language is neither English nor French may apply for the IP/IB track; however, they must demonstrate fluency in English appropriate to the grade they wish to enter.
- Placement testing is required for all Upper School applicants. ISB will administer these assessments to local applicants. For international and out-of-state applicants, an applicant’s current school may administer testing.
- Siblings are given priority in the admissions process if their application is received before December 31st.
- Applications are given priority if received before February 15th, with decisions emailed to families in March.
- Our enrollment process supports international mobility and takes place on a rolling basis according to space availability and student qualifications. Applications are accepted year round.
- Students placed on a waiting list are accepted when openings become available.
- Tuition and fees are comparable to that of other highly prestigious independent schools.
- Financial aid is available for qualifying families.
- Complete our online application and submit your child’s academic records.
- Contact the Admissions Office to schedule a visit of our campus and to organize a shadow half or full day. For applicants from abroad or other states, a Skype session can be organized.
The ISB admissions process is thoughtful and selective. We work closely with new families to determine if our school is the best place for your child to learn, grow and become an open-minded citizen of the world.
Your child’s experience is at the heart of our selection process. We consider:
- The student’s overall academic and developmental readiness for his/her grade.
- His/her ability to benefit from an academically challenging bilingual curriculum.
- The family’s commitment to our mission, program and diverse multicultural setting.