IP Course Offerings
The International Program at ISB, Taught in Grades 9 and 10, Leading to the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
International Program courses prepare 9th and 10th grade students for the independent and critical thinking, extensive writing and extracurricular learning that awaits them in the IB Diploma Program.
Learner Profile attributes and the academic skills that infuse the Diploma Program also guide IP classes. Whether students are working toward Balance or Open-Mindedness or the characteristics of an Inquirer or Risk-Taker, they are developing the skills necessary for success in the Diploma Program.
To that end, they can choose between the following courses:
- First Language: English, French and Mandarin
- Second Language: English and French
- Second Language Electives: German and Spanish
- Mathematics: Standard and Intensive
Individuals and Society
- World History Research Seminar
- Model United Nation 9 (Elective in 10)
- Community Participation
- Global Issues
- Biology 9, Chemistry 10 and/or Physics 10
- Creative Writing Seminar 10 and Playwriting Elective 10
- Theater 9 (Elective in 10)