IB Diploma Course Offerings
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) curriculum sets out the requirements for study of the DP.
The curriculum is made up of the DP core and six subject groups. The DP core, made up of the three required components, aims to broaden students’ educational experience and challenge them to apply their knowledge and skills.
The three core elements are:
- Theory of Knowledge, in which students reflect on the nature of knowledge and on how we know what we claim to know.
- The Extended Essay, which is a self-directed research inquiry culminating in a 4,000 word paper.
- Creativity, Activity, Service, in which students engage deeply in a variety of activities reflecting these three concepts.
The six subject groups are listed below with current course offerings*:
Group 1: Studies in Language and Literature (first language fluency in reading, writing, and speaking)
- English A Literature: SL & HL
- Mandarin A Literature: SL & HL
- French A Language & Literature: SL
- Spanish A Language & Literature: SL
Group 2: Language Acquisition (previous language study required)
- English B: SL & HL
- French B: SL & HL
- Spanish B: SL & HL
- German B: SL & HL
Group 3: Individuals and Societies
- History: SL & HL
- Economics: SL & HL
- Geography: SL
- Psychology: SL
Group 4: Experimental Sciences
- Biology: SL & HL
- Chemistry: SL & HL
- Physics: SL & HL
- Computer Science: SL
Group 5: Mathematics
- Mathematics - Applications & Interpretations: SL & HL
- Mathematics - Analysis & Approaches: SL & HL
Group 6: Arts
- Visual Arts: SL & HL
- Theater: SL
Non-IB Electives offered:
- Model United Nations
- Virtual Reality 3D
- Theater Company
* Course offerings vary by year based on enrollment.
SL: Standard Level
HL: Higher Level