Board of Trustees
ISB is a not-for-profit corporation organized under Massachusetts law, governed by a Board of Trustees, and regulated by its bylaws. The Board of Trustees at ISB acts as the stewards of the School’s educational mission, long-term strategy and financial health. The Board is composed of Trustees from diverse professional and personal backgrounds and includes current parents, alumni parents or members of the wider community.
The Trustees hold fiduciary responsibility for the School. The Board must oversee the management of the School’s assets, as well as its fundraising efforts. The Board does not involve itself in the day-today operations of the School.
The Board fulfills much of its work through committees. Committees are composed of Trustees, as well as administrators, faculty, staff and parents in the community with the appropriate skills or interest. The Head of School and the Board Chair sit on all committees. Board committees currently include Finance, Development, Education, Strategic Planning, Buildings & Grounds, Executive and the Committee on Trustees.
Board members include:
- Florence Bourgeois, Chair of the Board, Chair of the Advancement Committee, Chair of the Executive Committee
- Bruce Carvalho
- Pierre Chaboussant
- Soumitra Dutta
- Catherine Harnist
- Muriel Médard, Chair of the Finance Committee
- Arnaud Mentré, Consul General of France in Boston, ex officio member
- Natalie Petrossian, ISB Alumna
- Anne-Christine Rice, Secretary of the Board
- René L. Robert, Chair of the Buildings and Grounds Committee
- Eric Thompson
- Philippe Suhas, Chair of the Committee on Trustees
- Richard Ulffers, Head of School, ex officio member
- Sandra Vrejan
- Christopher Wadsworth
- Jeremy Wohlwend, ISB Alumnus