New Orleans, June 2015
ISB not only teaches the world, but also gives students the opportunity to travel the world. In the past 8 years, we have developed exchange programs with Argentina and Austria, and we coordinate several community trips to places such as Vietnam, Peru and New Orleans.
- Iceland (since 2014): Students and teachers explore the geological and natural wonders of this Nordic country, including its dramatic volcanic landscape of geysers, hot springs, waterfalls, glaciers and black-sand beaches.
- New York City and Washington, D.C. (2015): Initiated by students of ISB’s Amnesty International Club, this trip gives students the chance to connect to global issues of justice and human rights.
- Austria (since 2013): Ninth and 10th-grade students are immersed in German as they discover Austria and spend time in an Austrian high school. ISB students stay with host families and attend school, and then welcome their Austrian guests to Boston the following year.
- Argentina (since 2009): ISB's longest-running exchange program, this trip allows students to connect with Spanish-English speaking IB students in Buenos Aires. ISB students stay with host families and attend school, and then welcome their Argentine guests to Boston the following year.
Community Service Trips
- China (2016): Students brought the crucial issue of climate change to two Chinese schools through a simulation experience in order to make others aware of this global threat.
- New Orleans (2015): Students encountered a completely different aspect of American culture as they helped with the lingering effects of Hurricane Katrina.
- Peru (2013): The traces of ancient civilizations served as a backdrop for ISB students as they witnessed a small Peruvian school benefit from their fundraising efforts. The school received supplies and a new motorboat, which the teacher used to transport children to and from school.
- Vietnam (2012): Students helped a village community construct a road through the jungle while also exploring the history that intertwines with the U.S. and France. This trip expanded students’ horizons and perspectives as they engaged in life-changing activities on the other side of the globe.
- China (2014): ISB students discovered the culture and history of China for the first time as their Chinese classmates introduced them to their home country.